Canadiens' Caufield will have season-ending shoulder surgery
- Avs coach Bednar signs 3-year extension
- Teravainen, 'Canes rally past Rangers
- Vegas holds on for 5th straight road win
- Stars score late but Kraken win in OT
- Surging Isles score 4 in 3rd, rout Leafs
(AP Photo/Adam Hunger)
MONTREAL (AP) Cole Caufield's season is over.
The Montreal Canadiens announced Saturday the forward will require season-ending surgery on his right shoulder. The club didn't give a specific date for the operation and added it will provide an update on Caufield's recovery period following the procedure.
The 22-year-old Caufield had 36 points, including 26 goals, in 46 games this season.
The Canadiens also placed forward Jonathan Drouin on injured reserve retroactive to Monday while recalling forward Alex Belzile from the AHL's Laval Rocket.
AP NHL: https://apnews.com/hub/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 22, 2023