Predators sign top draft pick Tomasino to entry-level deal
- Bettman to unveil format if NHL returns
- NJ Gov. says Devils can open facilities
- Isolating away from family a 'hot topic'
- NY Gov. says teams can resume training
- Canada's NHL teams offer ticket refunds
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) The Nashville Predators have signed first-round draft pick Philip Tomasino to a three-year contract.
The Predators announced the entry-level deal with the forward on Monday.
Nashville took the 18-year-old Tomasino with the No. 24 pick in the June draft. Tomasino has 23 points in 12 games this season with Niagara in the Ontario Hockey League, and the 6-foot, 181-pound center had 72 points in 67 games with Niagara last season.
The native of Missassauga, Ontario, had five points in six games for Canada at the 2019 U-18 World Championship in April.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated October 21, 2019