Predators sign top draft pick Tomasino to entry-level deal
- Penguins' Crosby out at least 6 weeks
- Panthers' Quenneville seeks 900th win
- Isles hold off Leafs, now 12-0-1 last 13
- Caps' point streak at 13 after SO win
- Stars beat Flames to continue surge
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) The Nashville Predators have signed first-round draft pick Philip Tomasino to a three-year contract.
The Predators announced the entry-level deal with the forward on Monday.
Nashville took the 18-year-old Tomasino with the No. 24 pick in the June draft. Tomasino has 23 points in 12 games this season with Niagara in the Ontario Hockey League, and the 6-foot, 181-pound center had 72 points in 67 games with Niagara last season.
The native of Missassauga, Ontario, had five points in six games for Canada at the 2019 U-18 World Championship in April.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated October 21, 2019