Busted first down chain slows Giants-Eagles playoff game
- Newton throws at Auburn's pro day
- Bills add former Patriots RB Harris
- Former Patriots LB Hightower retires
- Steelers sign former Eagles G Seumalo
- Falcons sign WR Hollins to 1-year deal
PHILADELPHIA (AP) There was a busted link at the Linc.
The NFC divisional playoff game between the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field was briefly stopped Saturday night because of a broken first down chain. The NFL still uses chains connected to two signal poles to measure the distance to a first down.
With the Giants driving midway through the quarter, the game was delayed because of an "administrative stoppage."
The chain was quickly replaced and the game resumed with the Eagles ahead 7-0.
AP NFL: https://apnews.com/hub/nfl and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated January 21, 2023