WR A.J. Green returns to Arizona Cardinals on 1-year deal
- NFL insists on indefinite ban for Watson
- Commanders, McLaurin reach 3-year deal
- Mayfield 'ready to move on' from Browns
- Pegula 'progressing well' from issue
- Briscoe, AFL 1st Black starting QB, dies
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) Receiver A.J. Green is coming back to the Arizona Cardinals on a one-year deal.
The seven-time Pro Bowler played in 16 games last season, catching 54 passes for 848 yards and three touchdowns. The 33-year-old is expected to be the team's No. 2 option next to three-time All-Pro DeAndre Hopkins.
Contract terms were not immediately available.
Green joined the Cardinals last season after playing his first 10 seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals. His first season was a mixed bag. He was a big piece of the offense during the team's 10-2 start but wasn't as productive down the stretch when Arizona lost four of five games.
More AP NFL coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/nfl and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated April 14, 2022