Lions put WR Marvin Jones on IR with ankle injury
- Washington cuts RB Guice after arrest
- NFL: New protocols to verify positives
- Giants DB Baker charged in robbery
- LB Beasley finally at Titans camp
- Stefanski visited Mayfield in February
ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) The Detroit Lions have put wide receiver Marvin Jones on injured reserve with an ankle injury.
The team announced the move Tuesday. The Lions also signed defensive tackle Frank Herron to their active roster from the Miami Dolphins' practice squad.
Detroit has lost six straight games and nine of its past 10. Jones was a bright spot at times, catching 62 passes for 779 yards and nine touchdowns. He had 1,101 yards receiving during the 2017 season but has been limited to just 22 games since then.
The Lions host Tampa Bay on Sunday.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated December 10, 2019